IDEA² Global Program
IDEA² Global provides mentoring and connections to biomedical innovators around the world to develop their project ideas and to provide the expertise to realize them. It is especially valuable for trainees, early-stage professionals and those who have few opportunities in their normal work to participate in innovation projects.
IDEA² recruits new project teams of one or more individuals, and provides innovation training, presentation skill building, and team-specific mentorship and guidance by internationally-recognized experts. Teams who complete IDEA² have projects more clearly focused on a driving medical need, a broader network of connections, and improved ability to compete for collaborators and funding.
IDEA² Global is based on two prior programs, IDEA² at Harvard-MIT HST, and IDEA² Madrid, a program of the Madrid–MIT M+Visión Consortium.
The projects included are:
- S-There: A technology to help toilets become smart-devices for monitoring health conditions.
- UltraLymph: A new safe, portable cancer screening device.
- Near Miss Health: A web-based app for tracking and analyzing healthcare safety incidents.
- Pacifist: An unobtrusive intelligent baby monitor and pacifier.
- SmartClot: A technology for mobile devices to monitor blood coagulation.
- Endema: A wearable device to help patients comply with ambulation treatments.
- Endovascular device for biomimetic aortic repair
- MRI gel radioisotope medical imaging system.
- My Health Decision Tree: A system to help people understand and manage their care options for health conditions.
- EpiDisease: A method and device kit for creating diagnosis and prognosis.
- Kit for PET guided biopsy.
- New technology platform for ultrasound-supported labor induction.
- ICU Rehab: A platform for inpatient neurocognitive stimulation.
- fProbes: Biocompatible transcortical probes to support pharmaceutical delivery.
- Absorbable Dural Anchor: A sealing system to mitigate physiological impact of dural punctures in anesthesia.
As part of the prize S-There won in Bilbao, the AstraZeneca Foundation pay for attending the IDEA² Global Program.